FDS FENCE DISTRIBUTORS RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Please call 877-700-8739 to request information on our return and refund policies.
Our return and refund policy is intended to offer customers a fair means of recouping as much of their purchase amount as possible without compromising our ability to operate effectively. We carry real costs of doing business that are un-recoupable for us so those costs cannot be refunded at our expense. For example, if there are any freight costs noted on your order, these are paid to third party carriers for their services and are not refunded to us so we are unable to refund them to you. Payment processing fees, such as credit card fees, are also third party charges that are not refundable to us so they would not be refunded to you. A restocking fee covers staff and material time expended to process the refund (the cost of un-reusable original packaging, staff time to assist a customer with a return, inspection, breakdown, inventory entry, processing the paperwork and issuing return payment). There is some risk associated with returning the product since it may get damaged en route. That risk lies with the requestor. Inspection occurs because we need to determine if there are items that are not in re-sellable condition before we issue a refund.
The following policies and instructions will help you (the requestor) determine if a return or refund is possible and if so the steps you will need to take to return the product and receive a refund.
- Orders cancelled prior to processing at the distribution center may be cancelled with a 100% refund minus any applicable payment processing fees.
- Orders cancelled after processing and before shipment may be cancelled and refunded minus a 15% restocking fee.
- Orders cancelled during shipment will be assessed a 25% restocking fee and any freight carrier reconsignment fees will be assessed prior to issuing a refund.
- Orders refused upon arrival at the destination will be assessed a 25% restocking fee and any freight carrier delivery and reconsignment charges.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED FOR GATES OR NON-STOCK ITEMS.
Method of Refund
- Refunds will be issued in the form submitted originally for payment.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days.
- Because FDS works with several local and national resellers, all refund requests must go through the reseller if the product was not bought directly from FDS. In such scenarios, the refunds will be submitted to the payee for reimbursement to the requestor.
Damaged / Defective / Incorrect Goods
- All returned product must be packaged according to the Product Repackaging for Returns* procedures.
- Unopened units that are returned with the original banding and wrapping will be inspected upon receipt at our distribution center. Return payment for materials that are accepted after inspection will be refunded minus a 25% restocking fee and any applicable third party fees (such as credit card charges and freight amounts noted on the original sales order).
- No unopened units will be accepted without pre-shipment approval from FDS staff. Pictures will need to be provided prior to shipment to help us assess if a package is shippable. Improperly repackaged items may be rejected.
- All approved opened packages will be inspected upon return to our distribution center. Partial or opened units will be assessed a 50% inspection and restocking fee minus any rejected materials and third party fees (such as credit card charges and freight amounts noted on the original sales order).
- Any product that is damaged or in non-resalable condition will not be credited for a refund. If the damage occurred during shipment, FDS will provide damage details to the refund requestor. FDS will not file a claim on behalf of the shipping party. The requestor or the shipping party chosen by the requestor must work directly with the freight carrier for any claims.
Shipping & Packaging Costs
- All return freight fees and packaging will be paid by the customer.
- Any freight costs noted on the original order for shipping from the distribution center to the requestor, cannot be refunded.
- Refer to the Product Repackaging for Returns* procedures for information on requirements for proper product preparation for shipment.
Product Return Period
- No product will be accepted for return and refund after 30 days of original delivery.
- No product will be accepted for return that has already been installed or altered in any way.
Terms & Conditions
- Third party merchant fees (such as credit card processing fees) are non-refundable.
For additional information on our Return and Refund policies, contact our customer support team at 877-700-8739, M-F, 8am-5pm MT.
* Product Repackaging for Returns
- To prepare packaging for return, we highly recommend re-using the existing packaging where possible. Retain the pallets on which the product was originally shipped. They are constructed specifically to handle the dimensions and weight of the Trex Fencing product. If the original pallets are not available, be sure to use pallets that can support the weight of the product and that fully support the product all the way to the outer edges (or beyond) to ensure the material does not get damaged in transit.
- All pallets must be properly banded with at least two bands placed in a manner that ensures the banding is tight and the product will not move. Use the cardboard protectors that were shipped originally between the banding and the product. If you do not have the protectors, use thick cardboard or another durable, non-abrasive material that will protect the product from being scraped or compressed by the banding.
- The product needs to be fully wrapped with a heavy plastic material such as that used in the original shipment. DO NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT UNWRAPPED OR IMPROPERLY BANDED.
- Product that is returned without following the procedures denoted here will not be accepted and no refund will be issued for the returned materials.
- Notate all of the quantities and descriptions of the product that is being returned. If you are returning unopened units, take pictures of the package prior to shipment. If the package is open and pre-approved for return, take pictures of the product once it is banded but is not yet wrapped. Take final pictures after the pallets are wrapped. If you have any concerns about the transportability of the product, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, address, and contact information.
- Contact a freight carrier to pick up the product. On the paperwork, be sure to include the original sales order number (if you do not have the number, contact the original reseller of the product or our support associates by emailing email@example.com or calling 877-700-8739)